Terms of Business
Our Terms of Business and Good Practice Guidelines
- Tuition fees are agreed between you and Talk Languages before tuition commences. Any matters concerning fees should be discussed directly with Talk Languages, and not with your teacher.
- The first lesson is arranged by Talk Languages, in liaison with you and your teacher. Any alterations in the teaching schedule should be discussed directly with Talk Languages, and not with your teacher. Talk Languages will be as flexible as possible in arranging your lesson times.
- An invoice will be issued by Talk Languages for the agreed number of tuition hours once the start date has been agreed. All invoices should be paid within the time specified on the invoice. Late payment can result in suspension of our tuition service.
- Your new teacher will telephone you at least two days in advance of the date set for tuition once the first lesson has been arranged. The purpose of this is i) for your teacher to introduce him/herself and discuss the tuition; ii) to ensure you and your teacher are clear about where and when the tuition will take place.
- At the end of each lesson, your teacher will ask the student to sign a timesheet, showing the hours of tuition given.
- If you fail to cancel a lesson and your teacher arrives to provide pre-arranged tuition to find the student is not available, the full lesson fee is due. Your teacher will wait 20 minutes for the student's arrival, but is not obliged to wait any longer.
- If your teacher needs to cancel a lesson, you will be contacted immediately and the lesson rearranged, ideally for that week.
- If you are unable to give 24 hours' notice before cancelling a lesson, the full lesson fee is charged. Alternatively, if you want to postpone a lesson, you may rearrange it for a more suitable time - provided that you give 24 hours' notice, weekend days excluded.
- Talk Languages teachers should project a smart, professional image, arriving and leaving punctually. If your teacher is likely to be late, you should be contacted and informed. If your teacher is unable to continue with tuition or will be absent for a sustained period, Talk Languages will endeavour to find a replacement teacher for you.
- Talk Languages stays in contact with you for the purposes of feedback and evaluation. If at any time you are not entirely satisfied with your teacher, Talk Languages will endeavour to find a replacement teacher for you.